BUT NOT ON MY LAWN!!!!
Today I was feeling quite spunky and I haven't been outside much since Gracie's been born, so this afternoon while Gracie was taking her daily snooze, I decided that I was going to rake the front lawn.
I gathered my 2 rakes, pooper scooper (to pick up the leaves) and a lawn bag and got to rakin!
About half way through I'm realizing that I'm not getting anywhere. I obviously didn't think this whole raking adventure all the way through. ITS WINDY TODAY!
Every time a car drove by, there goes my pile I just spend 20 minutes making.... Then of course, school was just getting out and the buses were driving down the street, causing wind to blow the oh so beautiful leaves of the tree.....right onto the part I just raked!! GRRR!!
As I'm raking I remembered that when I was a kid and my mom would make my brother and I rake leaves, I would do a terrible job just to get it done and call it 'good'. Well now that its MY lawn and it seems like I was chasing after EVERY leaf that fell, just so I can have a pretty lawn!
I know God is up there laughing at me. But that's OK. It just made me rake faster! lol!
Well that caused a problem too! All of a sudden I feel this burning, tingling feeling on my hands!
Longgggg behold BLISTERS! The WORST of kind you can get! I think about 3 layers of skin is missing! OUCH!
But that didn't stop me! I had to get all these piles of leaves in the bag before the wind decided to blow and I wanted to show Chris that I do more than just sit at home inside all day and do 'nothing' ( i guess watching our baby is considered 'nothing') .... so I'm hustlin and hustlin, trying not to touch the blisters....
THEN i get a GREAT idea! Why not rake all the leaves to one side of the lawn, so the main part of the lawn looks good, because I how no idea when Chris going to be pulling up. So I do that... meanwhile, I gotta run inside and check on Gracie and get something to drink.
Seriously, that took me about 2 minutes or less and by the time I walked to the front door to step out on the porch, I looked and said to HECK WITH IT! It didnt even look like i accomplised anything!
And you know what the kicker is outta this WHOLE thing......................
GRRRR!
(and yes all the leaves are in a pile in the neighbors yard who owns the tree:-) )
0 comments:
Post a Comment